Curry Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Created by Amy Jones on November 16, 2016
The perfect soup for a fall or winter day. Also, a great starter for dinner parties, Thanksgiving or Christmas meals.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Yield: 6-8 people
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ pounds carrots (about 9 carrots), chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock, chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 lime, juice
- olive oil, to serve
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- cilantro for garnish, chopped
- Add coconut oil to a large pot. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and curry powder to the saucepan, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots, and chicken stock.
- Bring everything to a boil; then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup until smooth using a powerful blender, such as a Vitamix, or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, salt, chili powder and coriander. Blend lightly.
- Pour back into large pot. Add the lime juice and stir.
- Top each serving with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.