Vanilla Lemon Green Smoothie
Created by Amy Jones on September 8, 2017
The perfect way to start the day. Light, refreshing but deeply satisfying. The combination of avocado, lemon and vanilla is one-of-a-kind – think creamy vanilla with a slight pop of citrus. It taste almost like a lemon shortbread cookie, that happens to be green! I top mine off with my nut-free, grain-free, granola.
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I use Paleo Pro protein powder or Vital Proteins collagen peptides)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- handful of spinach
- 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder) *you can skip this if you are using vanilla flavored protein powder, but I'm a huge vanilla fan so like the additional flavor that comes from this
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend to the desired consistency. Top with granola if desired.