Gluten-Free Grain-Free Coco-Nutty Granola
Created by Amy Jones on September 17, 2016
We love this granola recipe. It’s easy to make a quick batch that will last you for a few breakfast meals and snacks. We eat it dry, but also love it with nut milk and for an extra treat, layer it with coconut yogurt and berries.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Yield: 5 large cups
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups raw almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds (one type or preferably a mixture of several)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons lucuma
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon yacon root syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- optional add ins: raisins, mulberries,
- Preheat oven to 250F or 120C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine coconut flakes, nuts/seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds in a large bowl. If using nuts, I like to roughly chop mine.
- If coconut oil is not in liquid form, melt it.
- Combine coconut oil, lucuma and ground cinamon in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour mixture on granola in bowl. Pour over yacon root syrup or maple syrup. Toss to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Spread mixture on baking tray and place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- * To make chocolate granola (possibly as a dessert option), add 3 tbsp cacao nibs to the mixture in bowl and mix in 1/2 cup raw cacao powder with the coconut oil