Creamy Herb Mushroom Soup
Created by Amy Jones on January 9, 2017
This soup is not only delicious but immunity-boosting as well. It’s the perfect dish for a cold, rainy day. Make a bowl, snuggle up on the couch and enjoy! Be sure to keep the leftovers; they will stay in your fridge for up to five days.
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound sliced white mushrooms
- 1 pound sliced brown mushrooms
- 3 large shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grassfed butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (I like Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a large soup pot and turn to medium heat.
- While the pot is heating, finely dice the shallot, then add to the pot.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pot and let simmer with the onions briefly.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and stir. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the other tablespoon of butter. Stir.
- Add the chicken broth, thyme and tarragon.
- Increase the heat to medium high, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Take out and blend 2 cups of soup and return to pot.
- Pour in bowls and top with fresh parsley.