Chicken Vegetable Bone Broth Soup
Created by Amy Jones on January 10, 2017
Our go-to recipe when we feel an illness coming on or just want something comforting. Bone broth is the key to this recipe’s hearty deliciousness. Feel free to add more cumin and lime if you like the taste that they add. We tend to go to town with both.
- Yield: 6 - 8 people
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter/ghee or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken ( I like to use a whole Rotisserie chicken)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat, and cook the onion, garlic, leek and chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, parsley and cover it all with bone broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 or so minutes.
- Add cumin and juice of lime and stir
- Season with salt and pepper to taste