Best-Ever Guacamole Recipe
Created by Amy Jones on September 16, 2016
Our go-to appetizer for parties and get-togethers. It’s easy to make and who doesn’t love guacamole? Guac recipes often fail by not including garlic or cilantro or the right amount of spices and those are crucial to make your guac shine. We know you’ll come back to this one time and time again.
- Serves: 6
- Yield: An average size cereal bowl, double to make a big bowl
- 6 ripe medium-size avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 cup baby plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 large clove garlic, minced or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 handful fresh cilantro (corriander in the UK), chopped
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits and spoon avocado out of shells. Add avocado to a large bowl.
- Juice the lemon and lime in the bowl with a hand juice squeezer.
- With a knife and fork, cut avocado into chunks. Keep cutting until you have the texture you'd like you dip to be. We like it chunky, so keep small chunks remaining.
- Dice onion and tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Mince the garlic and jalapeño and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Add salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and pepper.
- Now fold everything over and over with two spoons making sure not to overly smash the mixture.
- Sample with chips or veggies to make sure it's perfect!